Monday, March 30, 2009

A Blog for People Who Like to Draw



Drawn!
is a collaborative weblog for illustrators, artists, cartoonists, and anyone who likes to draw. The blog listings at Drawn! are a treasure-trove of talent. It's addictive. I keep telling myself I'm just going to visit one more blog entry at Drawn! and then go get some "real" work done. Every day there's something new to look at.

I've posted a link to Drawn! under my "PG-13" blog list because this is a blog that has listings with adult themes and content, but Drawn! is also chock-a-block with stuff that is wonderful for young people. So I suggest that parents go to Drawn! and start bookmarking blogs to share with their kids.

One example is the wonderful illustrated literary blog, "Boogie Woogie" (see owls above), maintained by a dad and his kids, listed under my "Blog List for Young Artists." I found this at Drawn!. Not only is Boogie Woogie charming, but the idea itself is one that can be replicated by any family wanting to share family time, books, and art.

Drawn! is also a wonderful resource for art teachers. If you have a Smart Board in your classroom, there are many avenues for using these blogs to supplement instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment